HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Reaching New Heights
– Empower the workforce of the future by proactively building a diverse leadership pipeline.
By Marta Chmielowicz
In today’s competitive and fast-moving business world, innovation is key—and there’s no shortage of advice about how companies can innovate. From adopting AI-enabled technologies to embracing an agile mindset, HR leaders are working hard to stay ahead. But there’s another proven driver of progress and change that organizations can add to their list of strategies: building a diverse leadership team.
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Employee Engagement
– We rank the top providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
An engaged workforce is a necessity in today’s competitive business world. View our ranking of the top employee engagement service providers and find the right partner for your organization.
- Building Blocks to Diversity
– People, process, and technology are key pillars to creating a more diverse workforce.
By Irina Novoselsky
The recruitment process has always been riddled with biases. Humans find it nearly impossible to prevent their opinions and experiences from coming into play when making a decision. But technology is empowering organizations to work toward eliminating bias, which in turn allows companies to build stronger and more diverse workforces.
- In the Right Direction
– Gender pay inequities exist but the gap is narrowing.
By Katie Bardaro
Gender pay inequities persist in 2019, but not necessarily in the way many people think. There is a lot of miscommunication and confusion about the gender pay gap, so let’s set things straight.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- From Quantity to Quality
– Market pressures are shifting how China-based organisations recruit.
By Michael Switow
Despite a cloud of uncertainty hanging over Sino-U.S. relations resulting from more than a year of escalating tariffs, trade tensions, and technology spats, recruiters in China are bullish about the year ahead. Even signs of a slowing economy are not dampening sentiment, though many companies are clearly becoming more conservative.
- Looking Fore Talent?
– At Mission Hills China, the path to success may not lie straight ahead.
By Michael Switow
At Mission Hills China, a multi-billion dollar company that is home to the world’s two largest golf resorts as well as a range of other businesses, one top executive started his career in property sales. Later he moved to the PR and marketing department, and now he heads a major tourist attraction and film studio called Movie Town, which welcomes more than two million visitors a year.
- Millennials and Mobility: Asia’s Best Cities
– HR can earn an advantage when understanding the living preferences of the younger generation. By Michael Switow For organisations looking to hire millennial talent, which Asian cities are the best—and worst—places to base company operations? Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong are the most welcoming cities in Asia-Pacific for millennials, according to a study by consumer research firm ValueChampion. New Delhi and […]
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Relocation
– View the top-rated relocation providers in the industry.
By The Editors
HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings are based solely on feedback from buyers of the rated services; the ratings are not based on the opinion of the HRO Today staff. We collect feedback annually through an online survey which we distribute to buyers directly through our own mailing lists and indirectly through service providers. Once collected, response data for all providers with a statistically significant sample size are loaded into the HRO Today database for analysis.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Worker Confidence Index – First Quarter 2019
– The Worker Confidence Index (WCI) in the first quarter of 2019 increased by 3.6 points to 110.7, the highest level since this study’s inception. While three of the four indices that comprise the WCI reported positive results in the first quarter, one index, the Job Security Index reported a quarterly decrease. On the topic of […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q1 2019
– The rate of new technologies being developed and the number of companies providing them are exponentially increasing each year and the first quarter of 2019 was no exception. In total, there were 68 major announcements documented, which almost doubles the 36 announced in the first quarter of 2018. The majority of the announcements were from […]
- Flash Report: You Are What They Think: How Companies Invest and Measure the Impact of Employer Branding
– Employer branding is of growing importance to organizations as they try to attract top talent in a tight labor market. In this study, respondents were asked to explain their perceptions of the scope of employer brand – whether it is a candidate attraction effort only, or part of a wider engagement initiative. Nearly nine-in-ten (85%) […]
- Global Employment Report: Q1 2019
– In the first quarter of 2019, the global unemployment rate remained low, with around half (24 of the 49) of the countries analyzed in the report showing levels of 5.0 percent or less. Among those, 16 of the 49 countries in the report announced decreases in national unemployment rates since Q4 2018. The current economic […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.