HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Un-Conventional HR
– EVP of HR Liz McAuliffe explains how she carries the Un-carrier culture of T-Mobile through to the talent strategy.
By The Editors
Within one’s career, taking the biggest risk often comes with earning the biggest reward. Just ask Liz McAuliffe. McAuliffe is now the executive vice president of HR at T-Mobile, the self-proclaimed Un-carrier that is radically changing its approach to both its customers and employees, adopting a people-first strategy that listens first and acts second. McAuliffe has spearheaded this transformation, introducing a number of initiatives to better support employees in their personal and career growth—and drive business success as a result. Learn more here.
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Recognition
– We rank the top providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
A robust recognition program is a necessity to keep employees engaged in today’s competitive business world. View our ranking of the top employee recognition service providers and find the right partner for your organization.
- The Data Dilemma
– Safeguarding employee privacy is a key concern in today’s digital economy.
By Marta Chmielowicz
With the digital economy in full swing, HR leaders are embracing technologies that capture employee data and deliver insights that can be interpreted to better attract, retain, and grow talent. But the flood of numbers pouring in from talent management platforms across the organization carries risk as well as reward.
- Mobility Metrics That Matter
– Harnessing the power of data is leading to better decision-making and improved employee satisfaction to boot.
By Debbie Bolla
Global mobility has traditionally been a costly investment for organizations. In fact, according to Urban Bound, it costs more than $97,100 to relocate current employees who are homeowners and nearly $73,000 to relocate new hires who own homes. But in a tight labor market where talent is often a key differentiator, can organizations put a price on having the right person in the right role at the right time? That’s a tough question to answer, but luckily data is easing the cost implications of relocation while delivering additional insight into employee satisfaction, productivity, and retention.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Increasing Equality
– Progress may be slow, but organisations are finding success with programmes that promote gender inclusion.
By Michael Switow
When Aliza Knox, a tech industry veteran with a track record of growing global brands in Asia-Pacific, applied for a job with the content delivery network Cloudflare, she did her homework. She went to the company’s website and came across a day-long forum it had sponsored. What struck her was that almost every discussion had at least one woman on the panel. There was even a session with two female professionals and no men—a rarity in an industry that is 80 per cent male.
- Critical Considerations
– Four factors impacting talent and hiring in the world’s fastest-growing economy.
By Michael Switow
Confused about the state of the India’s economy? The planet’s largest democracy is the fastest-growing major economy, with 2019-2020 fiscal year GDP growth expected to clock in between 6.8 and 7.3 per cent. But growth is starting to slow with government deficits rising and unemployment reportedly running at 6.1 per cent, a 45-year high (although Delhi has disavowed the statistic).
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
– Fostering innovation and growth comes down to one thing: culture.
By Michael Switow
Guest lecturers in a Singapore classroom—it doesn’t matter if it’s a secondary school or tertiary institution, a large assembly or a small group—will find that hands are often slow to rise when it’s time to ask questions. The same is true in Hong Kong and other parts of Asia.
- Editor’s Note: Making Pay Equity Stack Up
– By Debbie Bolla
Pay transparency has been making headlines in recent months—and is a good reason our Editor-at-Large Michael Switow reports on the progress of gender inclusion in organisations across the APAC region in Increasing Equality.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q2 2019
– The rate of new technologies being developed and the number of companies providing them are increasing dramatically each year, and the second quarter of 2019 was no exception. During the second quarter, there were 66 major announcements, up from 57 in the second quarter of 2018. Investment deals in HR technology in the second quarter […]
- Flash Report: How Social Media Builds Employer Brands
– Employer brand represents who an organization is and what they stand for, setting the stage for the expectations of both current and future employees. For many companies, social media has become a key element in building the employer brand. The belief in the importance of social media as part of employer brand strategy is nearly […]
- Worker Confidence Index – First Quarter 2019
– The Worker Confidence Index (WCI) in the first quarter of 2019 increased by 3.6 points to 110.7, the highest level since this study’s inception. While three of the four indices that comprise the WCI reported positive results in the first quarter, one index, the Job Security Index reported a quarterly decrease. On the topic of […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q1 2019
– The rate of new technologies being developed and the number of companies providing them are exponentially increasing each year and the first quarter of 2019 was no exception. In total, there were 68 major announcements documented, which almost doubles the 36 announced in the first quarter of 2018. The majority of the announcements were from […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.