HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- HR That Fits the Bill
– Aflac’s CHRO Matthew Owenby explains why a customized approach to HR drives an 87 percent employee engagement rate.
By Debbie Bolla
“Most companies don’t want to customize HR, but if you want employees to feel cared for, it’s a must.” This is the philosophy behind CHRO Matthew Owenby’s unique approach to HR for Aflac. Whether it’s providing easy access to on-site healthcare services to overcome rising benefits costs or giving employees the platform to share feedback that often gets incorporated into the business strategy, the insurance provider understands the impact of employee-driven initiatives. Simply put: People are core to their success.
- 2018 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Recognition
– We rank the top providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
Seeking an employee recognition provider? Look no further – HRO Today has officially released its 2018 HRO Today Baker’s Dozen Ranking for Recognition. View the top 13 providers of recognition services ranked by breadth of service, quality of service, and deal size.
- Plenty of Room to Grow
– Moving up isn’t the only way to achieve successful career development.
By Beverly Kaye and Lindy Williams
Engagement surveys reveal, again and again, that individuals join organizations to pursue career possibilities and they leave organizations if those opportunities don’t materialize. In fact, a recent Gallup study reported that the majority of millennials—projected to be 75 percent of the workforce by 2025—say that professional growth and continued development is very important in their decision to join an organization or take on a new role.
- Seeing 20/20
– Total workforce solutions provide full visibility into the workforce, but how can organizations ensure a smooth transition?
By Marta Chmielowicz
Today’s talent ecosystem offers more options for employees than ever before. From online freelancing platforms to crowdsourcing efforts and traditional contract engagements, the contingent labor market is experiencing a revolution—and businesses are struggling to keep up.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Diversity on the Move
– Experts offer best practices for executing a more inclusive relocation strategy.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Molly is an experienced sales manager at a company that is expanding its operations to India. She is a single mother of two children—one of whom has special needs and requires therapy and tutoring. The new location has an opening for a regional sales manager, but she feels she is overlooked due to her complex family situation.
- HRO Today Global 2018 Resource Guide
– A roundup of the top providers and product vendors across 13 sectors of HR services.
By The Editors
We know that the readers of HRO Today Global magazine turn to us as the go-to resource in the industry—a resource that delivers trends, insights, and the latest information for all of their human resources operations and service needs. In this year’s Resource Guide, we showcase providers and product vendors across 13 sectors of HR services.
- Ready or Not, Here it Comes
– Two business leaders discuss their game plan for the EU’s upcoming data privacy regulations.
By Marta Chmielowicz
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is on the horizon, going into effect from 25 May 2018 onward. Forcing companies to scrutinise how they handle and process customer and employee data, the GDPR is turning data protection from an afterthought to an essential business function. No business—large or small—will be left untouched.
- Tech Rising
– Whilst adoption of HR technology varies throughout the Asia-Pacific region, an expert says it only has one place to go: up.
By Debbie Bolla
With the Asia-Pacific region undergoing intense economic and business change, it’s no wonder that organisations are seeking to update their technology systems in order to earn a competitive advantage. In fact, Sierra-Cedar’s 2016–2017 HR Systems Survey finds that more than 40 per cent of Asia-Pacific organisations are looking to improve or develop a new enterprise HR systems strategy. These strategies include increasing technology budgets; adopting additional technologies beyond payroll and core HRMS; upgrading to cloud-based services; and investing in analytics, mobile, and social applications. Mehul Rajparia, vice president of APAC for SaaS talent management solutions provider Lumesse, has a unique perspective on the market and shares his insights here.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q2 2018
– What technological advancements and news happened during the second quarter of 2018? The rate of advancement in the human capital management (HCM) technology sector is accelerating. In order to track the players and their innovations, HRO Today and Alexander Mann Solutions have partnered to release quarterly reports that summarize trends, funding initiatives and other activities […]
- HR and Hiring Managers: Where They Differ and Agree on TA Performance
– How do the opinions of HR and hiring managers vary regarding TA processes? In a time when worldwide unemployment rates are reaching historic lows, recruiters are under increasing pressure to fill positions quickly. Hiring managers, faced with their own challenges, are not always the most sympathetic partners in the hiring process. But how do they […]
- Global Unemployment Report: Q1 2018
– Deploying a global workforce and ensuring access to the best talent is a crucial component of success for many enterprises. Global labor market data is an invaluable tool for multinational HR departments and can be used to inform critical decisions around the best countries and regions in which to grow. PeopleScout, a global provider of […]
- Worker Confidence Index – First Quarter 2018
– The Worker Confidence Index (WCI) for the first quarter of 2018 increased by 2.6 points, and has increased in each of the last three quarters. Of the four components of the WCI, Likelihood of Promotion rose the most, improving by 9.7 points, while the Likelihood of a Raise also improved by 4.6 points. Job Security […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.