HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Career Champions
– Four HR leaders share how their approaches to mentoring programs are solving talent challenges.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Today’s employees are happier, more productive, and more engaged when their jobs bring intrinsic rewards, or the feeling of doing meaningful work that propels their personal and professional growth. In this environment, career development is no longer a perk reserved for certain high-ranking positions—it is an expectation.
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Pre-Employment Screening
– View the results of this year’s Baker’s Dozen ranking for employee screening.
By The Editors
Pre-employment screening is a crucial element of the hiring process, but one that is potentially stressful and confusing for both employers and job seekers. Outsourcing background screening is a solid solution. Here is a look at the top background screening providers in the enterprise and mid-size markets as ranked via the results of customer satisfaction surveys.
- Mind on Mobility
– Short-term relocation assignments are emerging as a strategy to keep younger workers engaged and loyal to the organization.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Globalization is raising the bar on mobility. As technology strengthens economic and intellectual connections across the world, leading multinational companies are looking to develop a new generation of leaders with a global mindset and multicultural experience.
- The Paradox of Cultural Fit
– A structured, values-based interview process can deliver quality candidates while reducing unconscious bias.
By The Editors
Making great hires is about recognizing great fit. Most companies aren’t just looking for candidates with the right skills; they want someone who aligns with their culture. In fact, according to a report by West Monroe Partners, 60 percent of organizations integrate a cultural fit evaluation or behavioral interview into their hiring process. But while this approach sounds great on paper, it could create an environment that stifles rather than encourages innovation.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Upskilling Employees for the Digital Age
– United Overseas Bank is retraining its employees and empowering them to shape the future of their workplace.
By Michael Switow
United Overseas Bank (UOB), one of southeast Asia’s largest banks, is transforming the way it interacts with clients. Traditionally, 70 per cent of the space in its branches was dedicated for tellers, with the remaining 30 per cent for cubicles where higher value-add conversations take place. Today, UOB has completely done away with tellers in one of its largest branches.
- Crisis and Opportunity in Hong Kong
– How HR leaders manage during a time of uncertainty.
By Michael Switow
Petrol bombs, flight cancellations, road blockades, train suspensions, tear gas, and water cannons. Millions of Hong Kong residents have taken to the streets to protest peacefully, but violent images from the city’s “season of discontent” have unnerved the public and shaken business confidence.
- Next Gen RPO
– Talent market transitions are pushing RPO engagements to encompass new services, technologies, and recruitment models.
By Michael Switow
Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) is undergoing a transition in the Asia-Pacific region. Automation, corporate restructuring, and changes in the nature of the workforce are pressuring RPO partners to evolve in order to compete and remain relevant for their clients. Just what is the next generation of RPO and how are companies changing?
- Editor’s Note: Off and Running
– By Debbie Bolla
How prepared do employees feel on their first day at a new company? Probably not very, considering that Sapling HR finds that new hires face more than 50 activities they have to complete during onboarding. But some good news: These activities lead to higher productivity and retention, with SHRM reporting that 69 per cent of employees are more likely to stay with a company for three years if they experienced great onboarding
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Yoh: Worker Confidence Index 3Q 2019
– In the third quarter of 2019, we see an increase in the Worker Confidence Index of 11.8 points over the second quarter, bringing the index to the highest level since the study’s inception. Three of the four indices that comprise the study reported higher results in the third quarter. While the Job Security Index decreased […]
- Allegis: The Cost of a Bad Reputation
– The cost of having a bad reputation and brand image can have an impact on your overall candidate pool. 87 percent of employed respondents reported that they would leave their current employer to work for a company with a good reputation. This is compared to the 54 percent willing to leave to work for a […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q3 2019
– The rate of new technologies being developed and companies providing them is exponentially increasing each year. In order to track the players and the innovation they bring, Alexander Mann Solutions, a global provider of talent acquisition and management services, has partnered with HRO Today Magazine. Together they produce quarterly reports that summarize activity in technology […]
- The Questions You Need to Ask to Have a Successful Talent Acquisition and Management Program
– With Jeanne MacDonald, President of Global RPO Solutions, Korn Ferry
Ultimately, talent acquisition professionals have one clear goal: to get the right talent in the right place at the right time to achieve business needs. Unfortunately, many companies take a “whack-a-mole” approach by working to fill one open position and then jumping right to another, neglecting to see how the hires fit into the company’s long-term strategy
HRO Today Livestreams
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
- Is Salary History Becoming History? Tackling The New Trend
– Many states and cities have now passed laws prohibiting employers from discussing candidates’ salary histories and from relying upon prior compensation in hiring. These so-called “salary history ban” laws may all contain the same general prohibition, but each separately addresses – or fails to address – key issues such as: (1) what happens when a […]
HRO Today Association
HRO Today White Papers
- Gainsharing: A Mutually Responsible – And Mutually Beneficial – RPO Partnership
– The expectations that surround best-in-class recruiting have shifted dramatically during the first part of the twenty-first century. As recently as a decade ago, an effective recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) relationship was regarded as a ‘service.’ The traditional service level agreements (SLAs) related to time-to-fill, satisfaction surveys, and the link – as opposed to true business outcomes […]
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.