HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Work Redefined
– Seven CHROs share the new realities of work and how the challenges of 2020 have driven them to make disruptive change.
By Debbie Bolla
“Empathy, flexibility, and resiliency defined 2020,” says Kathie Patterson, CHRO of Ally Financial. Taking a closer look, Patterson couldn’t be more spot-on.
- 2021 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Relocation
– View the top-rated relocation program providers in the industry.
By The Editors
In today’s interconnected world, multinational organizations are relying on relocation programs to acquire and retain top talent. Partnering with a highly-ranked mobility partner is the key to a positive experience. View our ranking of the top relocation providers in the industry.
- A Strong Case for Humanity
– After a trying year, leaders are finding success motivating and inspiring employees through acts of empathy.
By Marta Chmielowicz
As the world faced unprecedented challenges in 2020, employers differentiated themselves in equally unprecedented ways. Flexibility, transparency, emotional well-being, health and safety, inclusion, work-life balance—all of these became key priorities as companies squared off against an unpredictable future. The central element unifying these strategies? Empathy.
- Vaccinating the Workforce
– Four key considerations to build an informed workplace policy.
By Kate Hill
While COVID-19 vaccines have instilled a sense of hope in the business community, they have also brought numerous questions for many employers and employees. In what is largely uncharted territory, HR professionals and business leaders are struggling with how to implement a vaccine policy for their workplace that prioritizes employee health and safety while protecting the business against any potential risks.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- From Peripheral to Front and Centre
– The COVID-19 pandemic has reaffirmed the importance of HR as a strategic business partner.
By Simon Kent
With the greatest impact of the pandemic falling on an organisation’s people, it is not surprising that the past year has increased the need for strategic and strong leadership within HR. Research from HR software provider Personio shows the HR function has played a critical role in the business response, with eight out of 10 respondents saying HR has been integral to helping their organisations successfully adapt to the new normal.
- By the Numbers
– Effective data collection, storage, and analysis is critical to future business success.
By Simon Kent
As the pandemic took hold of workplaces across EMEA, organisations found it necessary to shift every aspect of their business online. HR was among the departments where data had to be digitised, ensuring people information was accessible to all who needed it.
- Becoming Future-Ready
– Companies are adapting their learning and assessment strategies to meet the ever-changing needs of the post-pandemic workforce.
By Simon Kent
Identifying and developing high-potential employees is always a challenge. Doing it in a pandemic introduces another layer of difficulty since the usual process of bringing people together to assess existing skills and learn new ones has been impossible.
- Editor’s Note: Make Some Noise
– By Simon Kent
The immense task of dealing with the impact of the pandemic over the past year has been a challenge like no other and a double-edged sword for HR. HR has had to work hard to manage and protect its workforce from major disruption and hardship whilst also ensuring the business it serves is agile enough to adapt, survive, and even thrive in whatever circumstances emerge.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Flash Report: APAC Employer Brand Conversations Shift from Acquisition to Retention and Rebuilding
– As organizations emerge from the perils of 2020, employer brand conversations are shifting from acquisition to retention and rebuilding as a result. Starting at the hiring process, companies are more aware than ever before of the damage a negative candidate experience could have on their infrastructure rebuild. In fact, just under 80% of respondents to […]
- Global Labor Market Report – Q4 2020
– The United Nations estimates that the coronavirus pandemic caused the equivalent of more than a quarter of a billion to lose their jobs in 2020. The start of the year, which saw strong economic growth and low unemployment rates worldwide, drastically changed last March when the world was force to shutdown and rates spiked to […]
- HR New Technology Report – Fourth Quarter 2020
– Despite lasting effects on the global economy at the conclusion of last year, HR new technology announcements and investments continued to be made in rapid succession. An impressive 127 announcements were made in Q4 of 2020 alone – with learning and upskilling products at the forefront of HR technology this quarter. Technology announcements that addressed mobility […]
- Flash Report: HR Recruiting Technology, Greater Efficiencies Through Consolidation
– Organizations have turned to HR technology for further efficiency and productivity gains, despite lasting impacts from the pandemic. In spite of the plethora of new products offered, integrations of multiple platforms are a continuing challenge and efficient use of the systems is far from optimized. To test efficiency, HRO Today examined the shelf life of […]
HRO Today Livestreams
- Livestream: Navigating Legalized Marijuana
– Livestream Date & Time: 5/20/2020 12:00PM EST One of the most confusing social and HR issues of our time, the medical and recreational use of marijuana, has companies struggling to adopt policies that abide by federal, state, and municipal laws that are often contradictory. Brandon Phillips, CEO of Global HR Research, one of the leading […]
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- How GDPR is Changing the Way Organizations Reward and Recognize Employees
– Is sending out a “Happy Birthday” message a privacy violation in the workplace because of new data privacy laws? Read more to find out… When we think of data privacy, we are often concerned with our personal information being sold to third-parties or being used in a less-than scrupulous way that could have a negative […]
- Global HR Research: Cannabis Legalization Whitepaper
– While marijuana is illegal under federal law, many states have followed cultural shifts and recent legislation by legalizing it for medicinal use, recreational use, or both. This has left employer drug tests harder to administer than before in these states. Yet even in some states where it is legal, the law can compel certain types of […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.