HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- The Changing Talent Landscape
– COVID-19 is driving TA leaders to rethink recruitment strategies.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Just last year, talent shortages and unprecedented competition in the labor market were hot topics in the recruitment space. At the time, there were more than 7 million open requisitions across the U.S. and the national unemployment rate hovered at a low 3.5 percent. But the coronavirus pandemic flipped the job market upside down, driving widespread furloughs, hiring pauses, business closures, economic uncertainty, and an unemployment rate of 11 percent. Faced with this new reality, hiring teams across industries are working to ramp up business operations once more while adapting to an ever-evolving set of challenges.
- 2020 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: RPO
– We rank the top RPO providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
In today’s increasingly diverse, multigenerational talent marketplace, organizations have to innovate in order to stay ahead of their hiring needs. From adopting AI-enabled technology to leveraging data and analytics, modern recruiting is full of challenges—but an RPO can help. View our ranking of the top RPO service providers and find the right partner for your organization.
- Agile, Adaptable, and Innovative
– As workplace demands continue to evolve due to COVID-19, HR leaders share best practices for growing employee skills.
By Marta Chmielowicz
There is no arguing that 2020 has been a challenging year for business. From switching to remote work seemingly overnight to making ends meet in an economic downturn, organizations have had to be agile, adaptable, and innovative to stay afloat. And employees are feeling the impact: Workers across industries are being asked to adjust to rapidly changing conditions in an uncertain climate, often facing furloughs, shifting job requirements, and entirely new modes of work.
- A Healthy Dose of Innovation
– Ways healthcare organizations are pivoting their recruitment and hiring approaches to overcome the global pandemic’s challenges.
By Debbie Bolla
With the Bureau of Labor Statistics already projecting the healthcare market to grow by 8.4 million jobs by 2028, COVID-19 has caused an even more pressing need for the right talent at the right time. Shannon Levesque, vice president of talent acquisition and workforce planning for Boston Children’s Hospital, is no stranger to this pressure. She says that during the pandemic, keeping employees engaged with opportunities for full employment has been a main priority.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- What Does the “New Normal” Look Like?
– Business practices are bound to change in the post-COVID-19 world.
By Michael Switow
Do a Google search for “new normal” and more than 90 million results will turn up in a third of a second. By the time this article is published, that number is certain to be significantly more. It has been more than five months since China first reported the outbreak of the coronavirus in Wuhan, and business leaders continue to assess how life has changed, which changes are transitory, and how companies will adapt.
- Remote Control
– Three organisations share their approaches to managing a virtual workforce.
By Michael Switow
“The way we hire, onboard, reward, learn and engage has to be reinvented,” says HP Regional Head of HR for Asia-Pacific and Japan, Sowjanya Reddy, a 30-year HR industry veteran with experience working in the U.S., India, and ASEAN. Across the region, companies are searching for a new balance. To what extent should employees return to the office? How do organisations maintain productivity when most people are working remotely? And how does HR address employee concerns, regardless of where they’re working?
- Emphasising Employer Brand
– By communicating and acting on company values during times of crisis and uncertainty, organisations will bolster their reputation among employees and candidates.
By Michael Switow
At a time when hiring and recruitment have slowed for many companies, Asia-Pacific businesses are redeploying staff and resources to the community.
- Editor’s Note: Same Same, But Different
– By Michael Switow
As Singapore eases its “circuit breaker,” the term used here instead of “lockdown,” the ways of working for most employees in the nation since the beginning of the coronavirus have not changed. Project managers, administrators, marketers, and even C-suite leaders continue to carve out space on their dining room tables and couches for Zoom calls, team meetings, and sales pitches.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- HR New Technology Report – Second Quarter 2020
– As COVID-19 raged on during the second quarter of 2020, business operations worldwide came to a screeching halt. But despite the recent economic downturn resulting from the ongoing global pandemic, HR technology saw an impressive 99 major announcements in the second quarter – a positive amongst current unprecedented times. The Human Resources New Technology Report […]
- The Importance of Recruiter Training: How to Hire the Best Talent for Your Organization
– Today, recruiters are more than just recruiters. They not only find and hire key talent but also shape the candidate experience and promote their company’s brand. But how well they do their jobs depends largely on their training, and a lack of effective recruiter training will make hard-to-fill and volume hiring impossible. Providing recruiters with […]
- Rebuilding the Workforce Post-Crisis
– Since March 2020, the coronavirus has wreaked havoc on the business world. Non-essential companies across the globe shut their doors, stock markets plummeted, unemployment rose to 13% in the span of three months, and for weeks, the global economy ground to a halt. Now, as the world starts spinning once more and businesses resume operations, […]
- Worker Confidence Index: Second Quarter 2020
– As business operations completely changed from March to June amidst the ongoing global pandemic, worker confidence did as well. While employee concerns about things like a possible job loss or the status of an upcoming promotion will typically fluctuate, we have not seen such a drastic change in their thinking in quite some time. A […]
HRO Today Livestreams
- Livestream: Navigating Legalized Marijuana
– Livestream Date & Time: 5/20/2020 12:00PM EST One of the most confusing social and HR issues of our time, the medical and recreational use of marijuana, has companies struggling to adopt policies that abide by federal, state, and municipal laws that are often contradictory. Brandon Phillips, CEO of Global HR Research, one of the leading […]
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- How GDPR is Changing the Way Organizations Reward and Recognize Employees
– Is sending out a “Happy Birthday” message a privacy violation in the workplace because of new data privacy laws? Read more to find out… When we think of data privacy, we are often concerned with our personal information being sold to third-parties or being used in a less-than scrupulous way that could have a negative […]
- Global HR Research: Cannabis Legalization Whitepaper
– While marijuana is illegal under federal law, many states have followed cultural shifts and recent legislation by legalizing it for medicinal use, recreational use, or both. This has left employer drug tests harder to administer than before in these states. Yet even in some states where it is legal, the law can compel certain types of […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.