HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- COVID-19: HR Responds
– Six HR leaders share how they are managing through a global crisis.
By Debbie Bolla
For organizations, employees, and the world at large, these are unprecedented times. As quickly as the coronavirus (COVID-19) spread across the globe, HR leaders responded, ushering their organizations with the needed resources to ensure employee safety, health, wellness, and productivity. HRO Today spoke with six HR leaders on how they are managing through the global crisis that is COVID-19. Great insight here—stay safe and lead on!
- COVID-19: Learning From APAC
– How companies in the region are handling the pandemic.
By Michael Switow
Faced with the human and economic costs of a public health crisis, companies throughout Asia-Pacific have been quick to implement new measures and contingency plans for how to operate during a pandemic.
- CEO’s Letter: Workforce Management in the Era of Psycho-lation
– By Elliot H. Clark
OK, I am stir-crazy—as I am sure are many of you—and it is only day four of working from home as I write this. Humans are social creatures and our ability to team with others is a cornerstone of our evolution into becoming Earth’s dominant species. Of course, there are times when people don’t get along well, and the answer for that is an HR department.
- The New Frontier
– Technology and analytics are among the main drivers shaping the future of HR.
By Karen Crone
What challenges do leaders face and what steps are they taking to best position their organizations for success? These are the questions a recent survey from Paycor was looking to answer when it asked leaders of U.S.-based small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), or those with less than 1,000 employees, to share their thoughts about the present and future of HR. While the feedback from the front lines confirmed and amplified the findings of other researchers, several new and telling details have emerged.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Moving Into the Future
– From analytics to AI, six leaders share their predictions for the key trends that will disrupt HR in the coming decade.
By Michael Switow
What do the 2020s have in store for the HR industry and HR practitioners in Asia? In the first issue of the new decade, HRO Today APAC turns to six experts from across the region to address these issues and seek their insights and predictions on leadership, talent acquisition, areas where HR practitioners must focus if they are to excel, and ways in which the two largest countries in the region will be different 10 years from now in 2030.
- Honouring HR: 2020 HRO Today APAC Superstars
– We recognise a roundup of HR leaders who are driving business change.
By The Editors
HR faces great challenges today. Top talent expects employers to deliver an exemplary experience, new technologies, enriching learning programs, career growth, robust benefits plans, job flexibility, mobility opportunities—and the list goes on. In this demanding environment, we think it’s important to recognise leaders that have gone above and beyond in the realm of HR.
- Hiring in the Face of Uncertainty
– Hong Kong’s unstable economy is creating significant concern in the job market—but not every sector is impacted.
By Michael Switow
More than six months after millions of Hong Kongers first took to the streets in opposition to an extradition bill that would have blurred the lines of the political and legal system that has defined the city since its return to China 22 years ago, the protests continue and repercussions ripple through the territory.
- Exiting Expats
– Economic transitions in Asia are influencing the duration and destination of relocation assignments.
By Michael Switow
The days of relocating professionals and their families overseas on two-to-three year contracts with housing, education, and other allowances are certainly not over, but they are waning. “We believe companies will continue to move staff around the world in ever-growing numbers in 2020,” says Lee Quane, the regional director for Asia at ECA International. “But they will be doing so in a much more varied fashion.”
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- SURVEY: COVID-19 HR Response Study
– Share your experience with HRO Today by providing feedback below in our two-question survey on the duration of COVID-19’s impact on your organization and its effect on your PTO policies.
- Technology and the Employee Experience
– With Barry Morris, CEO, CapRelo
HRO Today: In recent blog posts you’ve discussed the importance of Employee Experience (EX). Why now?
Morris: With the battle over talent being more critical, EX is a crucial driver of HR value. Onboarding new employees is expensive while keeping existing employees is more cost effective. I have found that many global mobility groups see EX as a critical indicator of the ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Recognition: Understanding the Financial Models
– With Alex Alaminos, CEO, Madison
Recognition programs have become a gateway to employee productivity, loyalty, engagement and retention. In fact, according to Deloitte, organizations with employee recognition programs have 31 percent less voluntary turnover. As HR considers a first- or second-generation rewards programs, a main consideration for executives should be the financial structure. Here Alex Alaminos, CEO of Madison, explains the key differences between billing on issuance and billing on redemption and the considerations for approach depending on organizational goals
- Achieving High Success in High-Volume Recruiting
– Tech-enabled, e-interviewing and candidate-care ‘bot creates seamless, effective experience for hiring managers and candidates alike.
With Jeanne MacDonald, President, Global RPO Solutions, Korn Ferry
High-volume recruiting and hiring. In the past, the process was often costly, time consuming and ineffective, as finding the right candidates who would not only take the job – but stay – was difficult. Increasingly, hiring managers are turning to experienced RPO leaders, such as Korn Ferry, to drive, streamline and modernize the process.
HRO Today Livestreams
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
- Is Salary History Becoming History? Tackling The New Trend
– Many states and cities have now passed laws prohibiting employers from discussing candidates’ salary histories and from relying upon prior compensation in hiring. These so-called “salary history ban” laws may all contain the same general prohibition, but each separately addresses – or fails to address – key issues such as: (1) what happens when a […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- The Next Stage of RPO Helps You Recruit the Right Talent – Right When You Need It
– With the extremely low unemployment rate and a growing skills and talent gap, U.S. companies are struggling more than ever to find, retain, and compete for the right talent to help their business grow and become a competitive player in their industry. But as the recruiting environment grows more complex and fast-paced, RPOs must go […]
- Gainsharing: A Mutually Responsible – And Mutually Beneficial – RPO Partnership
– The expectations that surround best-in-class recruiting have shifted dramatically during the first part of the twenty-first century. As recently as a decade ago, an effective recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) relationship was regarded as a ‘service.’ The traditional service level agreements (SLAs) related to time-to-fill, satisfaction surveys, and the link – as opposed to true business outcomes […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.