HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Top Concerns of CHROs
– Six HR leaders share solutions to the issues keeping HR up at night: the impact of COVID-19, workforce planning, business agility, and the skills gap.
By Marta Chmielowicz
2020 has been a whirlwind of a year and HR leaders have found themselves at the frontlines, leading the charge into a new and uncertain reality. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, shelter in place orders, and social unrest of the past months, HR leaders have maintained a sense of normalcy while adapting to the changing needs of their businesses and the workplace at large. Now, they must develop a plan to face the unknown obstacles that lie ahead.
- A Catalyst for Change
– How the global pandemic will shift hiring practices as businesses start to recover.
By Christina Loannou
2020 has been a year of change, especially for HR teams across the U.S. as they navigate the effects of COVID-19. As a result, HR managers have completely shifted how they evaluate candidates and the overall qualities they view as desirable. Following the initial layoffs and hiring freezes caused by the shock to the economy, now, six months later, some companies are ramping up hiring again as their businesses start to recover.
- Keeping Mobility Moving
– With cost savings and a consumer-like experience, a customized à la carte approach to relocation is empowering organizations and employees alike.
By Debbie Bolla
Perhaps an unexpected outcome of the COVID-19 pandemic is a recent uptick in relocation in some areas. Highly dense and expensive cities like San Francisco and New York City have experienced residents moving to locales with greener pastures. In fact, according to moveBuddha, searches in NYC suburbs have increased nearly 250% compared to the same period last year. This type of data shows that employees have not ruled out relocation—and neither have organizations.
- CEO’s Letter: “W”ells “T”he “F”argo and “Cultural Rot”
– By Elliot H. Clark
I have been chided before by our editorial team for sinking my fangs into a provider here and there. I have rarely commented on the HR practitioner audience. Throughout 2020, there have been numerous important HR-related stories. But Wells Fargo is an HR story that has been broken up into fang-sized bites.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Data-Driven Strategy
– Following these eight steps is critical to unearthing culturally relevant data insights.
By Michael Switow
There is no shortage of data for HR professionals. From recruitment data to promotions, productivity, absenteeism, timesheets, expenses, and retention metrics, data that can be used to craft better workforce strategies is being created every day. Yet many HR leaders struggle to realise the power of people analytics, choosing instead to rely on instinct and experience.
- Making Pay-for-Performance Work
– A new incentive programme was instrumental to driving business results and culture change at Gates Corporation.
By Michael Switow
When the Gates Corporation hired Rick Goh to be its HR director for East Asia and India four years ago, the Denver-based multinational organisation was undergoing a cultural transformation following its acquisition by the Blackstone Group two years earlier. One of the keys to this transformation would be a new sales incentive programme to motivate and reward Gates’ commercial team.
- Returning Home
– Recruiting overseas Filipino professionals can help organisations fill roles with high-quality talent.
By Michael Switow
Ron Oliver Santor, a full-stack software engineer with a resume built on fintech experience, left his home in Manila in 2018 to advance his career. The pay and opportunities seemed better in Singapore where he joined 200,000 of his countrymen, more than half of whom were professionals like himself.
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing 2020: EMEA and APAC
– We rank the top providers of recruitment process outsourcing in EMEA and APAC based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
Seeking an RPO provider that can manage your recruitment process across the globe? Look no further—this HRO Today Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Rating shines a light on the top-rated RPO companies operating across EMEA and APAC.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- HR New Technology Report – Third Quarter 2020
– The first half of the year put most companies in survival mode in the face of the pandemic. Now, with the health crisis an ongoing presence, companies have begun to shift to organizational recovery as a new form of survival. HR leaders are not only reworking business goals, they’re reinventing and introducing technology to cater […]
- A Hybrid Approach to Relocation
– Blending technology and access to experts provides the ideal transferee experience.
with Anthony Horton, CEO of CRI
Relocation remains an important part of the talent ecosystem, allowing top performers to grow skills while providing organizations the opportunity to seamlessly fill important roles. But as workforce preferences have evolved, driven by demographic and technological advances, expectations of transferees have changed as well. Here, Anthony Horton, CEO of Corporate Relocation International (CRI) details how organizations can experience the best of both worlds through a hybrid approach that blends technology with a human touch.
- Boost Employee Performance Virtually
– Recognition is a key component of a remote talent management strategy. With Theresa Harkins-Schulz, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, Inspirus The switch to a remote working environment has introduced many new challenges for HR leaders. Maintaining a connected culture and managing employee performance are among the most critical to business success—and with the help of […]
- Data and Diversity
– Analyzing talent acquisition data can build visibility and accountability into D&I initiatives.
With Paul Harty, Chief Solutions Officer, Sevenstep
Organizations of all sizes and across all industries struggle to maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace—but talent acquisition data can help them drive a more strategic approach. From identifying moments of bias to making a case for needed technologies, hiring data can give HR leaders the insights needed to overcome the obstacles that hold them back from true diversity. Here, Paul Harty, chief solutions officer at Sevenstep, shares some best practices for HR leaders looking to enhance their D&I approach with data.
HRO Today Livestreams
- Livestream: Navigating Legalized Marijuana
– Livestream Date & Time: 5/20/2020 12:00PM EST One of the most confusing social and HR issues of our time, the medical and recreational use of marijuana, has companies struggling to adopt policies that abide by federal, state, and municipal laws that are often contradictory. Brandon Phillips, CEO of Global HR Research, one of the leading […]
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- How GDPR is Changing the Way Organizations Reward and Recognize Employees
– Is sending out a “Happy Birthday” message a privacy violation in the workplace because of new data privacy laws? Read more to find out… When we think of data privacy, we are often concerned with our personal information being sold to third-parties or being used in a less-than scrupulous way that could have a negative […]
- Global HR Research: Cannabis Legalization Whitepaper
– While marijuana is illegal under federal law, many states have followed cultural shifts and recent legislation by legalizing it for medicinal use, recreational use, or both. This has left employer drug tests harder to administer than before in these states. Yet even in some states where it is legal, the law can compel certain types of […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.