HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- 2020 and Beyond
– HR leaders predict how cultural, social, and technological shifts will impact the way people work in the coming year.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Not too long ago, HR professionals were relegated to the realm of “personnel management”—paper-pushers responsible for administrative tasks and little else. But as organizations have grown and globalized in increasingly challenging environments, so has the role of human resources. Today’s HR departments are deeply rooted in organizational planning and business strategy, more essential to the success of a company than ever before.
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Total Workforce Solutions
– View the top-rated providers of total workforce solutions based on our RPO and MSP customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
Total workforce solutions (TWS) are becoming increasingly common in today’s complex labor market, but good providers are still hard to find. See our list of the top TWS providers in the marketplace today and position yourself for success in the new year.
- A Sneak Peek
– Find out what’s trending in six sectors of the HR services market based on annual research.
By Gary Bragar
The HR outsourcing market is changing and the top trend that has emerged this year across all HR service lines is a focus on improving the user experience for both job candidates and current employees. There is a renewed commitment to making things as easy as possible through the use of technology, whether it be by adopting one integrated system for all HR needs, improving ease of system use, or leveraging bots to provide quick answers to inquiries, improving customer service.
- Revolutionizing HR: 2019 HR Superstars
– We recognize industry leaders for their forward-thinking strategies that prepare their organizations for the future of work.
By The Editors
2019 saw what experts would deem a candidate-driven labor market. But keeping employees invested is no longer as easy as it once was; today’s talent expects employers to deliver an exemplary experience, new technologies, enriching learning programs, career growth, robust benefits plans, job flexibility, relocation opportunities—and the list goes on. In this demanding environment, we think it’s important to recognize leaders that have gone above and beyond in the realm of HR.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Supporting Careers with Special Needs
– Three organisations share the business case for inclusive hiring and their strategies for truly embracing the disabled workforce.
By Michael Switow
Employee turnover in a key department at ADERA Global, a Singapore-headquartered data management company, had reached critical levels. The company processes several million pieces of data on a daily basis for financial companies and government agencies. Its end products include credit card bills and bank statements posted to consumers every month. However, more than half of all the employees in the customer billing department—even part-timers—were quitting within three months.
- Appreciating Good Work
– The APAC region is beginning to realise the value of employee recognition programmes.
By Michael Switow
“Catch people doing things right,” advises Tom Mehrmann, the president and general manager of Universal Studios Beijing, in “Taming the Mouse,” a business leadership book that he published this year. “For too many bosses, criticism is easy whilst praise is scant,” he writes.
- Singapore: Poor Numbers Belie Economic Transition
– What slow economic growth means for HR and the workforce.
By Michael Switow
Singapore’s economy is beginning to show signs of collateral damage from the trade war between the United States and China. The manufacturing sector has been hit particularly hard, but the top line numbers also belie an economic transition that is benefiting modern service providers like data centres and internet companies.
- Editor’s Note: 2020—A Clear Vision?
– By Debbie Bolla
2020 is poised to be a year of transformation. I recently had the opportunity to co-lead a think-tank session at our HRO Today Forum EMEA in Dublin with Julie Sharp and transformation was on her mind. Sharp is a seasoned, senior-level HR executive who has headed up HR across the globe including in APAC at Citibank Australia. With so much technological innovation infiltrating the marketplace and an increasing level of pressure to execute an effective people strategy, HR needs to prepare for change
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Expert Insight: Australian Talent Trends
– With Zain Wadee, Executive General Manager – Operations, Harrier Talent Solutions
What challenges does the future of work present to Australian employers? The future of work is here. In Australia, significant developments in technology and automation across our largest industries are already creating new demands for talent and a re-think of internal talent development and mobility. As a talent partner, we are doing much more than sourcing external talent for our customers, we’re taking a holistic approach to talent acquisition and employer branding by ensuring that our customers are focused on internal skills development and alignment to future needs
- Transforming Hiring in the Digital Age
– With Jade Clifford, Executive Director of RPO EMEA, Allegis Global Solutions
From communicating with job seekers to onboarding new hires, technology has changed the entire HR landscape. Talent acquisition leaders are now able to leverage intelligent tools to do tasks such as conduct interviews on mobile phones, answer candidate inquiries via social media platforms, and even eliminate bias in the hiring process. But enabling a corporate culture that welcomes these technological innovations and managing the change management process into the digital era can be challenging
- Global Employment Report – 3Q 2019
– The global economy is projected to expand 2.6 percent in 2019, lower than in recent years due to global trade concerns between the U.S. and China, Brexit, and recessions in various European countries. However, the global labor market remains tight with around half (25 of the 49) countries analyzed in this report showing levels of […]
- Yoh: Worker Confidence Index 3Q 2019
– In the third quarter of 2019, we see an increase in the Worker Confidence Index of 11.8 points over the second quarter, bringing the index to the highest level since the study’s inception. Three of the four indices that comprise the study reported higher results in the third quarter. While the Job Security Index decreased […]
HRO Today Livestreams
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
- Is Salary History Becoming History? Tackling The New Trend
– Many states and cities have now passed laws prohibiting employers from discussing candidates’ salary histories and from relying upon prior compensation in hiring. These so-called “salary history ban” laws may all contain the same general prohibition, but each separately addresses – or fails to address – key issues such as: (1) what happens when a […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- The Next Stage of RPO Helps You Recruit the Right Talent – Right When You Need It
– With the extremely low unemployment rate and a growing skills and talent gap, U.S. companies are struggling more than ever to find, retain, and compete for the right talent to help their business grow and become a competitive player in their industry. But as the recruiting environment grows more complex and fast-paced, RPOs must go […]
- Gainsharing: A Mutually Responsible – And Mutually Beneficial – RPO Partnership
– The expectations that surround best-in-class recruiting have shifted dramatically during the first part of the twenty-first century. As recently as a decade ago, an effective recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) relationship was regarded as a ‘service.’ The traditional service level agreements (SLAs) related to time-to-fill, satisfaction surveys, and the link – as opposed to true business outcomes […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.