HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Pushing the Right Buttons
– In the new world of work, three drivers of employee engagement have emerged: connection, well-being, and feedback.
By Marta Chmielowicz
The obstacles of 2020 tested the business world in unimaginable ways, reshaping the way people live, work, and relate to each other—potentially for the better. According to Qualtrics’ 2021 Employee Experience Trends Report, employee engagement has actually increased since the pandemic began, from 53% in November 2019 to 66% in November 2020.
- 2021 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Employee Engagement
– We rank the top providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
An engaged workforce is a necessity in today’s competitive business world. View our ranking of the top employee engagement service providers and find the right partner for your organization.
- Shaping HR Priorities
– The challenges of 2020 are accelerating even more transformation in 2021.
By Anthony DiRomualdo, Dorothée El-Khoury, and Franco Girimonte
Unprecedented disruption in 2020 upended the HR agenda. Many business leaders were forced to put plans for growth on hold in order to step up and guide their organizations through challenging strategic and operational issues, including a global pandemic, a tense political climate, and growing calls for social justice around the world.
- Flexibility is the Future
– HR can rethink the ways of work by learning from the remote experiment ushered in by the pandemic.
By Ray Baumruk, Susie Rowe, and Dilip Nair
With most major enterprises still having a large percentage of their employees working from home while the COVID-19 pandemic persists, it’s clear that the adoption of remote work has been broader and deeper than anyone could have expected. Plus, there’s a growing consensus among employees who believe and expect that remote work—either fully virtual or part of a hybrid model—should be made a permanent part of their work experience.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- From Peripheral to Front and Centre
– The COVID-19 pandemic has reaffirmed the importance of HR as a strategic business partner.
By Simon Kent
With the greatest impact of the pandemic falling on an organisation’s people, it is not surprising that the past year has increased the need for strategic and strong leadership within HR. Research from HR software provider Personio shows the HR function has played a critical role in the business response, with eight out of 10 respondents saying HR has been integral to helping their organisations successfully adapt to the new normal.
- By the Numbers
– Effective data collection, storage, and analysis is critical to future business success.
By Simon Kent
As the pandemic took hold of workplaces across EMEA, organisations found it necessary to shift every aspect of their business online. HR was among the departments where data had to be digitised, ensuring people information was accessible to all who needed it.
- Becoming Future-Ready
– Companies are adapting their learning and assessment strategies to meet the ever-changing needs of the post-pandemic workforce.
By Simon Kent
Identifying and developing high-potential employees is always a challenge. Doing it in a pandemic introduces another layer of difficulty since the usual process of bringing people together to assess existing skills and learn new ones has been impossible.
- Editor’s Note: Make Some Noise
– By Simon Kent
The immense task of dealing with the impact of the pandemic over the past year has been a challenge like no other and a double-edged sword for HR. HR has had to work hard to manage and protect its workforce from major disruption and hardship whilst also ensuring the business it serves is agile enough to adapt, survive, and even thrive in whatever circumstances emerge.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Flash Report: Background Screening Providers: Opportunity for Excellence
– Background screening services have been and will continue to be an integral part of the hiring process. But just like everything else in 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic impacted all parts of a background screening provider’s operations from compliance laws to which components their clients deem most important to them. With that in mind, this flash […]
- Finding Stability in Uncertainty
– RPO partnerships can deliver a competitive advantage to organizations coping with the volatility of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With Tina Tromiczak, SVP/GM of Recruitment Process Outsourcing at ADP
The challenges of 2020 devastated some talent acquisition teams, heaped new demands on others, and ushered in a period of transformation as companies adapted to hiring in the remote climate. Now, organizations need to prepare for further uncertainty as they redefine the new normal in the post-pandemic workplace. Here, Tina Tromiczak, SVP/GM of ADP Recruitment Process Outsourcing, discusses how RPO partners are evolving their offerings to help companies cope with the challenges ahead.
- The Outlook for Total Talent
– A total workforce solutions approach delivers numerous benefits in a volatile business climate.
With Jennifer Spicher, Chief Revenue Officer, LevelUP HCS
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive impact on hiring strategies across the globe. The shift to remote work has accelerated digital transformation, globalization, and talent mobility, forcing HR leaders to adopt innovative hiring approaches in order to stay ahead in an uncertain business climate. Total workforce solutions (TWS), or the practice of leveraging a single process and technology suite to hire contingent and full-time talent, has emerged as a viable approach for companies coping with ever-shifting talent needs.
- Uncovering Unconscious Bias Through Inclusivity Auditing
– With Tom Lakin, Senior Innovation Manager, Resource Solutions
Today’s top candidates are seeking employers that promote a culture of diversity and inclusion. In fact, according to research from Glassdoor, 67% of job seekers consider workplace diversity an important factor when considering employment opportunities. But often, end-to-end recruitment practices present obstacles of unconscious biases along the way, hindering both candidates and organizations alike
HRO Today Livestreams
- Livestream: Navigating Legalized Marijuana
– Livestream Date & Time: 5/20/2020 12:00PM EST One of the most confusing social and HR issues of our time, the medical and recreational use of marijuana, has companies struggling to adopt policies that abide by federal, state, and municipal laws that are often contradictory. Brandon Phillips, CEO of Global HR Research, one of the leading […]
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- How GDPR is Changing the Way Organizations Reward and Recognize Employees
– Is sending out a “Happy Birthday” message a privacy violation in the workplace because of new data privacy laws? Read more to find out… When we think of data privacy, we are often concerned with our personal information being sold to third-parties or being used in a less-than scrupulous way that could have a negative […]
- Global HR Research: Cannabis Legalization Whitepaper
– While marijuana is illegal under federal law, many states have followed cultural shifts and recent legislation by legalizing it for medicinal use, recreational use, or both. This has left employer drug tests harder to administer than before in these states. Yet even in some states where it is legal, the law can compel certain types of […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.