HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- Reaching New Heights
– Empower the workforce of the future by proactively building a diverse leadership pipeline.
By Marta Chmielowicz
In today’s competitive and fast-moving business world, innovation is key—and there’s no shortage of advice about how companies can innovate. From adopting AI-enabled technologies to embracing an agile mindset, HR leaders are working hard to stay ahead. But there’s another proven driver of progress and change that organizations can add to their list of strategies: building a diverse leadership team.
- 2019 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Employee Engagement
– We rank the top providers based on customer satisfaction surveys.
By The Editors
An engaged workforce is a necessity in today’s competitive business world. View our ranking of the top employee engagement service providers and find the right partner for your organization.
- Building Blocks to Diversity
– People, process, and technology are key pillars to creating a more diverse workforce.
By Irina Novoselsky
The recruitment process has always been riddled with biases. Humans find it nearly impossible to prevent their opinions and experiences from coming into play when making a decision. But technology is empowering organizations to work toward eliminating bias, which in turn allows companies to build stronger and more diverse workforces.
- In the Right Direction
– Gender pay inequities exist but the gap is narrowing.
By Katie Bardaro
Gender pay inequities persist in 2019, but not necessarily in the way many people think. There is a lot of miscommunication and confusion about the gender pay gap, so let’s set things straight.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Increasing Equality
– Progress may be slow, but organisations are finding success with programmes that promote gender inclusion.
By Michael Switow
When Aliza Knox, a tech industry veteran with a track record of growing global brands in Asia-Pacific, applied for a job with the content delivery network Cloudflare, she did her homework. She went to the company’s website and came across a day-long forum it had sponsored. What struck her was that almost every discussion had at least one woman on the panel. There was even a session with two female professionals and no men—a rarity in an industry that is 80 per cent male.
- Critical Considerations
– Four factors impacting talent and hiring in the world’s fastest-growing economy.
By Michael Switow
Confused about the state of the India’s economy? The planet’s largest democracy is the fastest-growing major economy, with 2019-2020 fiscal year GDP growth expected to clock in between 6.8 and 7.3 per cent. But growth is starting to slow with government deficits rising and unemployment reportedly running at 6.1 per cent, a 45-year high (although Delhi has disavowed the statistic).
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
– Fostering innovation and growth comes down to one thing: culture. By Michael Switow Guest lecturers in a Singapore classroom—it doesn’t matter if it’s a secondary school or tertiary institution, a large assembly or a small group—will find that hands are often slow to rise when it’s time to ask questions. The same is true in Hong Kong and other parts […]
- Editor’s Note: Making Pay Equity Stack Up
– By Debbie Bolla
Pay transparency has been making headlines in recent months—and is a good reason our Editor-at-Large Michael Switow reports on the progress of gender inclusion in organisations across the APAC region in Increasing Equality.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Flash Report: How Social Media Builds Employer Brands
– Employer brand represents who an organization is and what they stand for, setting the stage for the expectations of both current and future employees. For many companies, social media has become a key element in building the employer brand. The belief in the importance of social media as part of employer brand strategy is nearly […]
- Worker Confidence Index – First Quarter 2019
– The Worker Confidence Index (WCI) in the first quarter of 2019 increased by 3.6 points to 110.7, the highest level since this study’s inception. While three of the four indices that comprise the WCI reported positive results in the first quarter, one index, the Job Security Index reported a quarterly decrease. On the topic of […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q1 2019
– The rate of new technologies being developed and the number of companies providing them are exponentially increasing each year and the first quarter of 2019 was no exception. In total, there were 68 major announcements documented, which almost doubles the 36 announced in the first quarter of 2018. The majority of the announcements were from […]
- Flash Report: You Are What They Think: How Companies Invest and Measure the Impact of Employer Branding
– Employer branding is of growing importance to organizations as they try to attract top talent in a tight labor market. In this study, respondents were asked to explain their perceptions of the scope of employer brand – whether it is a candidate attraction effort only, or part of a wider engagement initiative. Nearly nine-in-ten (85%) […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.