Notes from the President – 11/18/2021
This year, the HRO Today Association selected more than 80 companies as finalists in its awards program. Open to members and nonmembers of the Association, submissions were received in three regions: APAC, EMEA, and North America.
The quality of nominations in 2021 was by far the best we have ever seen. As the HR industry’s standard-setting organization, we were impressed and excited to see the innovation and value nominees are bringing to customers and employees. These companies are truly first adopters who are delivering game-changing results to the industry.
The awards for the North America and EMEA regions were presented on November 17th in conjunction with the HRO Today Association Conference, a virtual micro-event that explored how to best configure HR to achieve the “New Operational Excellence.” The winners were announced between three educational sessions presented by industry experts Dr. Peter Cappelli, Director of the Wharton Center for HR; Jeff Lackey, VP of Talent Acquisition for CVS Health; and CHROs from CalPortland, the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, and Somos. We were pleased to have Madison Performance Group, this year’s Recognition Sponsor, assist in presenting the awards.
EMEA Award Winners:
- Innovation in HR Technology (Small/Mid-Market): Powell Software
- Innovation in HR Technology (Enterprise): Capgemini
- Business Partnership Excellence: Warner Media and BetterUp
- Thought Leadership (HR Excellence): WarnerMedia
- HR Team of the Year: N-Able
- Leadership Excellence: Preeti Mathur, Director – HR, Engagedly Software
- Thought Leadership and HR Excellence: Craig Morgans, Acquisition COE Leader, DirectLine Group
North America Award Winners:
- Diversity and Inclusion Excellence: KnowBe4
- HR Team of the Year: Cheniere Energy
- Recruitment Team of the Year: Helping Hands Family
- Engagement Strategy Excellence (Private): HIMSS
- Engagement Strategy Excellence (Public): City of Memphis
- Best In Class: Candidate Experience: FAC
- Innovation in HR Technology (Small/Mid-Market): Humantelligence
- Innovation in HR Technology (Pandemic Recovery): Puzzle Break
- Innovation in HR Technology (Large Market): TCP Software
- Thought Leadership (HR Excellence): N-Able
- Business Partnership Excellence: Cielo and Tufts Medical Center
- Leadership Excellence (Healthcare): Lorinda Lee, CHRO, Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Leadership Excellence (Public): Jennifer Knippenberg, Chief Recruiting Officer, Kelly Professional & Industrial
- Thought Leadership and HR Excellence (Practitioner): Alison Baker, Strategy and Operations Principal, Talent Acquisition, Vista Outdoor
- Thought Leadership and HR Excellence (Provider): Sanjoe Tom Jose, CEO and Founder, Talview
Winners in the APAC region will be announced at a special virtual ceremony on December 16 at 8:00PM ET. This meeting will be open to members and nonmembers. We will begin accepting nominations for next year in Spring 2022.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me (Renee.Preston@SharedXpertise.com) should you have any questions regarding the HRO Today Association.