The HRO Today Association supports the learning and development of HR professionals around the globe. Our members learn together, strengthen their networks, and share best and next practices. We are committed to providing our members the opportunity to collaborate with a cross-functional team of HR practitioners and service providers to build relationships, share best practices, and advance the practice of HR.
Time is running out to submit a nomination for the HRO Today Association Awards. Our annual recognition program exemplifies the essential work that HR professionals do every day and provides people, teams, partners, and companies an opportunity to share best practices and successes so colleagues and the industry can benefit from their experience. The awards recognize leadership, collaboration, innovation, and hard work, as well as a commitment to people and process improvement. Please click here to submit a nomination. You do not need to be an Association member to submit a nomination.
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the Association Conference and Awards Program. This year’s theme is Planning for Tomorrow: The Future of Work and the virtual event takes place December 1st from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET via Zoom). Sessions include:
- Crafting Practical Strategies for Future Readiness, presented by Zachary Misko, HRO Today Association
- Anticipating HR Operations in the (Near) Future Through the Lens of Generative AI, co-presented by Stephan Paolini and Antoine Starek, Capgemini
- Forging the Way Ahead–Conversations with CHRO Visionaries, featuring Elisa Bannon-Jones of GNC; Vicky Cansler of Piedmont Healthcare; Mike Sorensen of Nightingale College; moderator Larry Basinait of HRO Today)
Between sessions, the Association will announce the winning companies/teams and individuals in the North America and EMEA regions for the 2023 Association Awards. Click here to learn more about the event and to register.
Included with HRO Today Association membership, our Professional Development Livestreams offer a convenient platform for members to share successes and lessons learned and create meaningful connections with peers who are facing similar challenges.
Combining content, connections, and collaboration, the Association’s Knowledge Centers will conduct their first quarterly Think Tank meetings in September. Knowledge Centers are the Association’s newest member program, featuring communities within the Association that bring together subsections of members based on their individual interests and focus. While there are unique benefits to joining a Knowledge Center, the quarterly meetings are open to all members to attend, including the following.
- Talent Acquisition/Management Knowledge Center Think Tank Meeting (September 13 at 11 a.m. ET via Zoom). The one-hour meeting will feature two mini-presentations (15 minutes each) on Building a Strong Company Culture in Remote and Hybrid Work Environments and Return to the Office. Each session is followed by 15-minute shared-problem discussion between attendees. The meeting will be led by the TA/TM Knowledge Center Co-Chairs Ciara Boeltz of GNC and Mandy Day of Cigna, and Cristine Kane of Hudson RPO and Cherice Schmidt of KellyOCG.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Knowledge Center Think Tank Meeting (September 20 at 11 a.m. ET via Zoom). The one-hour meeting will feature two mini-presentations (15 minutes each) on The Importance of a Holistic Approach to DEI Talent Acquisition and Rethinking the Pipeline for DEI Recruitment. Each session is followed by 15-minute shared-problem discussion between attendees. The meeting will be led by the DEI Knowledge Center Co-Chairs Jo Anne Hill of Piedmont Healthcare and Mary Steudle of Cielo, and Rachel Ward of Orion Talent.
Knowledge Centers are for members of the Association. Click here to learn more and to register for an upcoming meeting.
If you aren’t yet a member, I encourage you to join to connect with like-minded members for advice and support. Please contact me at Renee.Preston@SharedXpertise.com for more information.