By Debbie Bolla
Technology has been and continues to be a big driver of change in all areas ofÂ business, and HR is no exception. HR technology has the ability to streamlineÂ processes, attract candidates, predict attrition, plan for the future workforce,Â and importantly, engage employees. But adoption rates vary across the globe,Â and a new study from ServiceNow, The New CHRO Agenda: EmployeeÂ Experience Drives Business Value, finds that CHROs in Europe are slower to investÂ in platforms that improve the employee experience whilst HR leaders in theÂ Asia-Pacific region are facing such fierce competition for talent, they have no choice but to up their game.
Some country-specific findings provide further insight into the regions:
- Germany: CHROs are very satisfied with engagement (76 per cent) and 67 perÂ cent report low turnover rates.
- France: At 67 pe rcent, engagement is amongst the lowest in the region, whichÂ averages 71 per cent.
- Italy: Eighty-four per cent of respondents say senior management views talentÂ as a strategic priority, which may be a reason that 76 per cent of CHROs feelÂ they have a role in overall corporate performance.
- UK: Three years ago, the UK was the least focused on the employee experienceÂ at only 16 per cent. This has changed dramatically with 71 per cent ofÂ respondents reporting that their role as CHRO will be defined by an ability toÂ create a digital, consumerised employee experience in the next three years.
- Japan: Eighty-four per cent of CHROs say their work is more strategic, with 82Â per cent citing that their CEO holds them accountable for the employeeÂ experience.
- Australia and New Zealand: CHROs trail their regional peers with only 47 perÂ cent of respondents reporting that HR is a driver of digital transformation.
- Singapore: The digital experience is a priority, with 38 per cent of respondentsÂ reporting that making HR workflows more digital and efficient as an initiative.
For those with digital transformation on the agenda, be sure to check out this year’s resource guide. You donât want to miss our roundup of HRIS and cloud-based game-changingÂ technologies in the 2018 Resource Guide.