Philadelphia, PA – March 27, 2019 – The 2019 HRO Today Forum North America will kick off on Monday, May 6 in National Harbor, Maryland and bring together prominent HR thought leaders, practitioners, and service and technology providers for three days of exclusive workshops, panels, and best practice sessions.
The theme of this year’s event is “Hosting the Great Debate – What Is the Future of HR?” The responsibility for HR to drive corporate strategy is secure, but the evolution of HR is constant and involves great opportunities and threats. Attendees will explore how workforce automation, demographics, and the changing nature of the generational workforce pose challenges for HR.
“HR is at a crossroads. Economic forces, evolving technology, and an increasingly diverse workforce are changing the profession as we know it. We are pleased to present a comprehensive agenda for the 2019 HRO Today Forum North America that sets the stage for the great HR debate,” said Elliot Clark, CEO of SharedXpertise and HRO Today. “Our presenters, which include more than a dozen CHROs and some of the most accomplished and influential thought leaders in the HR industry, will provide attendees with insights and ideas that they can leverage in their own organizations.”
Highlights from the agenda include:
- A keynote address given by Jacqueline Welch, Chief Human Resources Officer of Freddie Mac. Welch will speak about expanding the focus of diversity and inclusion as they relate to engagement initiatives.
- The Thought Leadership Town Hall Meeting, moderated by Elliot Clark, CEO of HRO Today; and featuring Dr. Peter Cappelli of the Wharton Center for Human Resources and Alina Polonskaia, the Global Leader of the Diversity and Inclusion Practice of Korn Ferry.
- The HRO Today Awards Gala, announcing the honorees and recipients of the 2019 Chief Human Resource Officer of the Year Awards.
- An exploration of AI, automation, and machine learning during “HR Debate: Can Robots Run Many HR Functions?” Panelists include: Cindy Fiedelman, Digital Realty Trust; Roger Gaston, Gates Corporation; Nancy Hauge, Automation Anywhere; and Rebecca Sinclair, American Tire Distributors.
- “Protecting HR and Our Workforce: A Violence in the Workplace Panel” will engage a group of experienced HR executives in conversation around the best ways to protect the workforce, the organization, and the HR profession itself when violence intrudes in the workplace. Panelists include: Jill Geimer, OpticsPlanet; Jeanie Heffernan, Independence Health Group; Ian Meklinsky, Fox Rothschild; and Darryl Varnado, Children’s National Health System.
- The Talent Acquisition Leader of the Year Awards Luncheon, honoring individual leaders for their outstanding contributions in areas such as staff development, engagement and retention, and technology. The luncheon is sponsored by Cielo.
- An interactive “HR & Corporate Social Responsibility Debate” that will examine the relationship between HR and corporate responsibility. Panelists include: LeighAnne Baker, Cargill; Max Langenkamp, Cintas; Candace Osunsade, National Aquarium; and Kevin Silva, Voya Financial, Inc.
- The inaugural Most Admired Employer Brands Awards Breakfast, hosted by PeopleScout, and keynote address by Kathryn Minshew, CEO & Founder of The Muse.
- The HRO Today Magazine Party at Bobby McKey’s Dueling Piano Bar in National Harbor. The party is sponsored by PeopleScout.
- A special presentation by acclaimed speed painter Dan Dunn, who will fuse art and HR in his amazing PaintJam performance. All art created at the event will be raffled off as prizes for Forum attendees.
The 2019 HRO Today Forum North America will take place from May 6 – May 8 at the MGM National Harbor, Maryland. For more information about the HRO Today Forum North America, click here. To view the complete agenda, click here.
Sponsors of the 2019 HRO Today Forum North America include: AgileOne, Alexander Mann Solutions, Allegis Global Solutions, AMN Healthcare, Aya Healthcare, Broadleaf, Children’s National Health System, Cielo, Claro, CSS Inc., Frontier Communications, Fresenius Medical Care, Guidant Global, Health Care Service Corporation, Hudson RPO, Inspirus, Korn Ferry, LevelUP, Montage, Newton Talent, Orion Novotus, Paradox, PeopleScout, Pontoon, Randstad Sourceright, Sevenstep, Truth Initiative, WilsonHCG, Yoh, and ZipRecruiter.
About HRO Today and HRO Today Global
HRO Today and HRO Today Global are the properties of SharedXpertise Media and offer the broadest and deepest reach available anywhere into the HR industry. Our magazines, web portals, research, e-newsletters, events and social networks reach over 180,000 senior-level HR decision-makers with rich, objective, game-changing content. Our No. 1 strength is our reach. HR leaders rely heavily on the HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen rankings across six different categories when selecting an HR service provider.
Bill MacRae, Publisher
# # #