February 26, 2020
We live in a world where news spreads while an event is still taking place. Not only is the speed in which we receive information increasing, so are the number or messages and mediums — e-mail, text, social media, Slack, Whatsapp, etc. We’re drowning in content and attention spans are shorter than ever, yet engaged employees are key to company success. [expand title=”Read full letter here“]
How can HR leaders communicate with employees effectively while also keeping in mind that not all have e-mail? What alternative communication strategies are needed to cut through the noise? For most organizations, there is no one single solution, as we need to consider how various employees can effectively receive information.
- Mobile phone app – can push out important notifications and keep mobile employees connected with the rest of the workforce.
- Video content – is a great tool to share an idea, rather than a long document or process.
- Digital Noticeboards – communicate with employees through digital screens around the office places for passive content consumption
Alternate communication strategies were discussed during a recent video conference meeting of the CHRO Today Executive Network, or C-TEN. This peer group allows top HR leaders to connect on topics that are important to them and provides an environment for shared learning where tough questions can be addressed. Members have said, “the open discussions with other HR professionals and hearing the work they are doing is where there is real value.” Plus, C-TEN supports your entire staff by offering a membership to the HRO Today Association. Upcoming meeting topics include:
- The Role of Culture in Employer Brand
- Why We Should Dump the Annual Survey
- Challenge of Pay Transparency, Pay Equity, Gender Gap
- CHRO of the Future: What Will the Function of HR in the Future Look Like?
- Strategies for the Digital Workforce
- Is Reskilling Workers an Essential Part of Corporate Responsibility?
If you’d like to learn more and see if C-TEN is a resource you can benefit from, please contact me directly at (215) 606 – 9562. We expect the group to reach capacity later this year.
Renee Preston – Senior Vice President of Membership Services
Executive Director of the HRO Today Association[/expand]