March 17, 2021
HRO Today’s CHRO Today Executive Network (C-TEN) will soon celebrate its 4th anniversary. It’s been a rewarding journey to develop this unique network that caters to the needs of top HR leaders. The fact that our founding members have renewed their membership year after year, and the group has experienced steady growth, even during a global pandemic, confirms C-TEN is an important resource for top HR leaders. [expand title=”Read full letter here“]
During a recent meeting, members shared their best practices on Crises Management. Several important take-aways came out of the discussion, in particular the notion that effective crisis management requires the cooperation and coordination of many stakeholders within the organization, including teams from HR, legal, IT, finance, operations, and public relations. And, because crisis management is so important and affects everyone in human resources, I’m happy to share Ian Mitroff’s Six-Step the Crises Management Model with you all:
- Detection – creating early warning systems.
- Preparation – systematic planning, preparation and training for a crisis. Crisis management plans, business continuity plans and disaster recovery plans.
- Containment – executing the plans and process developed during preparation stage, adapting to unique circumstances of current crisis.
- Crisis Recovery – moving the business back toward normal operations.
- No -Fault Learning – reviewing and assessing crisis management performance to extract key lessons learned without attributing blame.
- Redesign – integrating the learnings from the previous stage to evolve existing crisis management
The HRO Today Association’s monthly Livestreams continue to offer opportunities to learn and share HR best practices, tools, trends, and technology. Different formats bring together industry experts to deliver insightful perspectives and meaningful takeaways that improve strategy and overall performance.
Calling all members! Shine the spotlight on a successful initiative or talk through how you conquered a challenging situation by presenting a livestream on our global stage. Choose the format and length that suits your topic best, as we know that everyone prefers different methods and approaches when it comes to learning. No matter what format you choose, all livestreams are intended to be interactive and intimate so participants can ask questions, create meaningful connections, and come away with new ideas and/or insights on the latest evolutions of tried-and-true practices.
If you’re not yet a member of the HRO Today Association, now is the perfect time to join. Please contact me for details. We can get you and your team set-up and connected to helpful resources in no time. I look forward to seeing you on an upcoming livestream.