“Software Engineer” Tops the List of In-Demand Jobs, Based on More than 85,000 Jobs Posted via the Industry’s Leading Talent Acquisition Automation Platform, While “Cloud Engineer” Ranks Most Lucrative.
ROCHESTER, NY — January 31, 2023 — Ceipal, the industry-leading AI-powered talent acquisition platform, released an industry report today, outlining the hottest jobs and skills in IT & Engineering for the start of 2023. According to the 2022 edition of Ceipal’s Industry Report, entitled “The Most In-demand Job Skills in IT & Engineering: Addressing the Tech Skills Shortage,” Software Engineer positions account for 40 percent of job postings listed on the top 20 most in-demand jobs. Meanwhile, Java topped the list for most in-demand job skills posted.
“As the leading AI-powered talent acquisition solutions provider, we have access to data from more than 60,000 recruiters worldwide, which we’re able to anonymize and study,” said Ceipal Founder and CEO Sameer Penakalapati. “It’s important for us to share the resulting industry insights with our customers, our peers in the staffing world, and the talent community at large. Given the current talent shortage, we believe that such critical research will help ensure that no talent is left behind in the year ahead.”
The report was based on more than 85,000 job listings that were posted via Ceipal’s ATS for the contingent IT & Engineering workforce. The report also revealed the highest paying jobs as well as the highest paying states within the sector. According to the authors of the report, contingent workers are typically the first hired during economic upticks and the first to be eliminated in downturns. As such, contingent hiring trends represent a leading economic indicator.
Other key finds in the report include:
· Cloud Engineer is the highest paying job title ($161,202/year), followed by IT Security ($154,054/year), Application Developer ($153,899/year), and Scrum Master ($151,017/year)
· The top 20 most In-demand jobs represent 83% of all job postings.
· While Software Engineer topped the list of in-demand jobs, it only ranked as the 12 th top-paying job ($140,122/year)
· The Top 20 Skills listed represent only 35 percent of all desired skills with Java, Net, UI, and DevOps Skills topping the list.
· New York ($151,905/year), Washington ($148,081/year), and Massachusetts ($146,183/year) topped the list of highest-paying states.
For more information and to read the complete industry report, please visit https://www.ceipal.com/industry-report-q4-2022/.