Ingenuity was on display at the annual industry awards as Kimberly-Clark and Accenture celebrated Relationship of the Year -Large Market, while EquaTerra’s Lowell Williams was named Person of the Year.
No event has become more important to the HRO industry than the annual HRO World New York in April, and each year the conference crescendos with the HROA Awards Gala, which honors the key contributors to the HRO industry. With 13 categories this year, the event spotlighted numerous HRO buyer and provider relationships and individual contributors.
Framed by a theme of “Be Ingenious,” this year’s awards focused on HRO relationships that delivered highly measurable improvements to HR buying organizations. And it was on this stage that long-time veterans as well as newcomers were recognized for their contributions to the HRO industry.
This year’s award recipients (chosen by a vote among HROA members) stood head and shoulders above their peers. They included:
- Lowell Williams (EquaTerra), person of the year.
- Scott Gildner (TPI), thought leader of the year.
- SAP and ADP, technology relationship of the year.
- RPO Worldwide and TalentBridge International, RPO relationship of the year.
- Accenture and Kimberly-Clark, customer relationship of the year—large market.
- Accenture and Strategic Restaurant Acquisition Company— customer relationship of the year—middle market.
- Edwin Garcia (Kimberly-Clark), buyer executive of the year—large market.
- David Lutterbach (Hess Corp.), buyer executive of the year—middle market.
- Gary Butler (ADP), provider executive of the year.
- EquaTerra and E.W. Scripps, sourcing relationship of the year.
- ADP and DIRECTV, payroll relationship of the year.
- Cartus and Raytheon, relocation relationship of the year.
- Hewitt Associates and Dell, benefits relationship of the year.