HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- The Mentorship Manual
– Three organizations share their unique approaches to mentorship programs.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Mentorship has long been considered a powerful way to build trust and connection, expand knowledge, and enable high performing employees to reach their full potential. That is why it is a critical element of Digital Realty’s leadership development strategy, particularly as the company transitions following an acquisition.
- VR In a Virtual World
– Virtual reality tech provides a more realistic experience than ever before, allowing the opportunity for increased collaboration and higher learner retention. By Debbie Bolla To be a successful customer experience representative for Verizon, candidates must have a bevy of both soft and hard skills in their arsenal. In addition to solution-finding and technical skills, they […]
- 2021 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Learning & Development
– View this year’s top ranked learning and development providers in the industry.
By The Editors
HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings™ are based solely on feedback from buyers of the rated services; the ratings are not based on the opinion of the HRO Today staff. We collect feedback annually through an online survey which we distribute to buyers directly through our own mailing lists and indirectly through service providers. Once collected, response data for all providers with a statistically significant sample size are loaded into the HRO Today database for analysis.
- Going Digital
– The shift to digital learning comes with its challenges. Here’s how organizations can be prepared. By Nikki Edwards It seems hard to believe that a year has passed since the first pandemic lockdown when organizations saw in-person training cease and scrambled to get learning content online. While some businesses chose to postpone their training plans […]
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- The Leadership Equation
– Identifying employee potential, creating career paths, and developing hard and soft skills all add up to future success.
By Simon Kent
Identifying and developing leadership talent is a particular challenge for HR. From succession planning and development to external talent acquisition, HR leaders need to ensure there are practices to identify and place talent that will help the business thrive. Even in the face of the pandemic, forward-thinking organisations have prioritised their leadership programmes, ensuring their businesses have a strong direction despite stormy waters.
- Keeping Compliant
– Remote and hybrid workforce models add another layer of risk and complexity.
By Simon Kent
The challenge of delivering compliance across a remote and now increasingly hybrid workforce is summed up by Robert Hicks, group HR director at Reward Gateway: “The easiest way to think about it is if you have 100 staff, you have 100 locations, and you need to make sure each one is managed as you would just one location,” he says.
- Maintaining Momentum
– Many factors have actually increased employee engagement over the last year. Now, the challenge is to keep it on the rise.
By Simon Kent
For some businesses, the COVID-19 pandemic heightened the emphasis on employee engagement, resulting in improvements to worker attitudes and productivity. But a survey by Targus found that despite everything, 40% of office workers across Europe haven’t discussed new work arrangements with their bosses. Without those conversations, the risk of disengagement at this point in the pandemic cycle is very real.
- Editor’s Note: Learning Curve
– By Simon Kent
HR could be forgiven for breathing a sigh of relief this year. Whilst it is by no means over, the immediacy and severity of the pandemic seems to be declining in many regions—and companies around the world are emerging, blinking in the light of economic upturn after months of lockdown and decline. And yet, for those in charge of employees across the business world, this is no time to rest on laurels.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q1 2021
– The first quarter of 2021 marked a positive turn following the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic – as reflected in the 145 major HR technology announcements introduced during the quarter. Up a substantial 56 announcements from the end of 2020, the HR technology sector continued to grow despite the state of the world economy. To […]
- Recruiting in the Dark: Research Outcomes and Effectiveness of Resume Redaction in Recruiting
– A renewed spotlight on systemic racism in 2020 emphasized the importance of Diversity & Inclusion more than ever before. Transcending into the workplace, organizations were enlightened to increase equity and eliminate biases in all areas of their business, starting with hiring and practices like resume redaction. Resume redaction, also known as blind recruitment, is the […]
- Diversity & Inclusion Workforce Sourcing: 8 Key Takeaways for Improving D&I
– With an increased focus across the country on diversity and inclusion, U.S. organizations are spending upwards of eight billion dollars annually on accompanying initiatives. However, tangible results have been difficult to deliver… Companies are still struggling to achieve equity and further a D&I agenda for their total workforce. New market-driven insights are needed to address […]
- Global Labor Market Report – 1Q 2021
– The start of the year, despite lasting negative effects from the global pandemic, saw the beginnings of a positive economic change after a difficult 2020. In the first quarter alone, 21 of 49 countries analyzed revealed the first decrease in national unemployment rates in a few quarters – a welcome sign of improvements to come. […]
HRO Today Livestreams
- Livestream: Navigating Legalized Marijuana
– Livestream Date & Time: 5/20/2020 12:00PM EST One of the most confusing social and HR issues of our time, the medical and recreational use of marijuana, has companies struggling to adopt policies that abide by federal, state, and municipal laws that are often contradictory. Brandon Phillips, CEO of Global HR Research, one of the leading […]
- TLC Livestream: Hiring and Retaining Workers through Generations
– In Broadleaf’s “Hiring and Retaining Workers through the Generations” presentation, Carl addresses concerns employers have about Millennials and Gen Z’ers entering the workforce. Many look at these emerging generations as wildly different, but we all have very similar underlying motivations. In this attention economy, it’s increasingly hard to attract and retain talent, but these universal […]
HRO Today Association
The HRO Today Association is the premier global HR network and content community for advancing the profession of human resources and connecting HR professionals to industry leading information and tools to do their jobs better. Association members gain access to a global network of HR leaders to share ideas and develop their careers, while also elevating the practice of HR by participating in committees and research to improve HR operations, service delivery, and technology strategy. Collaborate with other HR practitioner leaders and buyers in this exclusive community.
HRO Today White Papers
- How GDPR is Changing the Way Organizations Reward and Recognize Employees
– Is sending out a “Happy Birthday” message a privacy violation in the workplace because of new data privacy laws? Read more to find out… When we think of data privacy, we are often concerned with our personal information being sold to third-parties or being used in a less-than scrupulous way that could have a negative […]
- Global HR Research: Cannabis Legalization Whitepaper
– While marijuana is illegal under federal law, many states have followed cultural shifts and recent legislation by legalizing it for medicinal use, recreational use, or both. This has left employer drug tests harder to administer than before in these states. Yet even in some states where it is legal, the law can compel certain types of […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.