How the U.K.’s Withdrawal from the European Union’s Could Affect Workforce Management
By Rick Norgate
Editor’s note: This article was published before the Brexit on June 23.
Traditionally a smaller market, companies are increasingly ‘testing the waters.’
By Audrey Roth
EMEA growth as a whole has increased in recent years, according to the Everest Group Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) Annual Report 2014. The EMEA market for RPO services grew from $407 million to $442 million in the past year. The increase in adoption in the Benelux region is contributing to the overall European market’s gradual climb. Organisations are able to see the obvious advantages, and will continue increasing in implementation as more consider the beneficial possibilities.
By Bill Hatton
Global HR continues to grow — and so this issue focuses on getting the right people in the right place, puts a spotlight on a growing European market, and digs deeper into the Asia-Pacific region. Among the highlights:
- Global mobility and relocation: We offer up our annual Baker’s Dozen on Relocation, demonstrating which vendors are doing the best jobs at delivering the best value for their customers, according to their customers. Accompanying the ranking is a series of features detailing what’s working in global mobility.
- Spotlight on Benelux: Margriet Koldijk, Managing Director of Global Client Solutions at Randstad Sourceright, leads us through the HR market in the Benelux countries – explaining that companies are testing the outsourcing waters there, and preparing for the economy to pick up.
- Regional report on APAC: We have a pair of experts weighing in on the Asia Pacific region. Futurestep’s Sue Campbell discusses some ways the high competition for talent is impacting recruiting. And Alexander Mann Solutions’ Caleb Baker offers his take on the emerging trends in the market.
- Technology: We spoke with Chequed.com, the HRO Today European Forum iTalent winner. Chequed’s executives explain their thoughts on how automation combined with behavioral science can improve the pre-employment screening process.
Also coming up this spring: We have the HRO Today Asia Pacific Forum 16-17 June and the theme is “HR Leadership and Great Culture is the Ultimate Competitive Advantage.” We hope to see you there in Singapore, and we’ll have a wrap-up in our next issue.
Keys for understanding the evolving definition of global mobility assignments—and the visa and immigration compliance concerns that accompany these shifts.
By Jennifer Igva
Most companies today are in expansion mode, sharpening their focus on growth inside and outside their home country; they are positioning their workforce to take full advantage of regional opportunities everywhere in the world. It is an exciting time, but also one that brings with it a range of global assignment types and added demands for visa and immigration compliance.
Tim O’Shea, vice president consulting services, Graebel Relocation, shares his thoughts on the biggest challenges companies face in relocation.
By Bill Hatton
As part of our special section on Global Mobility and Relocation, we asked Graebel’s Tim O’Shea to comment on the state of the relocation market.
By Debbie Bolla, Executive Editor
Confidence. Competition. Potential. Doing what you love.
These are a few words and phrases that made a lasting impact after my deep-dive discussion with four HR industry leaders at the HRO Today Forum this May. The quartet that joined me on stage (pictured above):
• John Wilson, Founder and CEO of WilsonHCG
• Sue Marks, CEO of Cielo
• Paul Harty, President of Seven Step RPO
• Gene Zaino, President & CEO of MBO Partners
Employee confidence levels are seemingly up, said the foursome—and forward-thinking organizations need to get in the game and take advantage of that confidence
Re-Calculating the HR Equation
By Elliot H. Clark, CEO
We just held the 2014 HRO Today Forum in both North America and in Singapore. We are thrilled and gratified at the level of engagement of our audience and thankful for the opportunity to advance the practice of HR. We are also appreciative of the ongoing support of our sponsors, who are the most sophisticated HR services and technology companies in the world
The 2014 HRO Today Awards winners are innovating their way to strategic partnerships.
By Russ Banham
Over the past generation, the people heading up HR in many organizations have become key strategic partners to their respective CEOs, entrusted to lead diverse workforce initiatives to improve talent acquisition and retention, spur business growth, enhance sustainability practices and cultivate a workforce culture that differentiates the organization
The gathering of our annual Forum equaled great business outcomes.
By The Editors
Click here for photo spread.
© 2009 - 2018 Copyright SharedXpertise Media, LLC.
All SharedXpertise Media logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of SharedXpertise Media. All rights reserved.
SharedXpertise Media, LLC, 123 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123