- Global mobility and relocation: We offer up our annual Baker’s Dozen on Relocation, demonstrating which vendors are doing the best jobs at delivering the best value for their customers, according to their customers. Accompanying the ranking is a series of features detailing what’s working in global mobility.
- Spotlight on Benelux: Margriet Koldijk, Managing Director of Global Client Solutions at Randstad Sourceright, leads us through the HR market in the Benelux countries – explaining that companies are testing the outsourcing waters there, and preparing for the economy to pick up.
- Regional report on APAC: We have a pair of experts weighing in on the Asia Pacific region. Futurestep’s Sue Campbell discusses some ways the high competition for talent is impacting recruiting.
By Debbie Bolla, Executive Editor
Confidence. Competition. Potential. Doing what you love.
These are a few words and phrases that made a lasting impact after my deep-dive discussion with four HR industry leaders at the HRO Today Forum this May. The quartet that joined me on stage (pictured above):
• John Wilson, Founder and CEO of WilsonHCG
• Sue Marks, CEO of Cielo
• Paul Harty, President of Seven Step RPO
• Gene Zaino, President & CEO of MBO Partners
Employee confidence levels are seemingly up, said the foursome—and forward-thinking organizations need to get in the game and take advantage of that confidence. To Wilson, competition between organizations is a signifier of an improved economy. Companies should consider how willing they are to get and keep the talent they want.
Re-Calculating the HR Equation
By Elliot H. Clark, CEO
We just held the 2014 HRO Today Forum in both North America and in Singapore. We are thrilled and gratified at the level of engagement of our audience and thankful for the opportunity to advance the practice of HR. We are also appreciative of the ongoing support of our sponsors, who are the most sophisticated HR services and technology companies in the world. Don’t miss the industry’s only global HR Forum in Edinburgh, Scotland, Nov. 11-13.
The theme for all of the HRO Today Forums is the HR Value Equation. Expressed in this form: Great HR + Great Workforce = Great Business Outcomes
It is an intuitive expression. If you have a great workforce this is due to better workforce policies. Your great workforce will produce better products, give better services, and achieve better business outcomes.
The 2014 HRO Today Awards winners are innovating their way to strategic partnerships.
By Russ Banham
Over the past generation, the people heading up HR in many organizations have become key strategic partners to their respective CEOs, entrusted to lead diverse workforce initiatives to improve talent acquisition and retention, spur business growth, enhance sustainability practices and cultivate a workforce culture that differentiates the organization.
These CHROs are transforming HR in an era where vital skill sets are increasingly difficult to come by and hold, when global outsourcing decisions have never been more complex and challenging, and when the economic environment has demanded greater cost-effectiveness, particularly with respect to finding a balance between retained labor and outsourcing. Workforce innovation is now a strategic imperative at many enterprises, and it is the CHRO who is in charge of achieving and nurturing it.
The gathering of our annual Forum equaled great business outcomes.
By The Editors
Click here for photo spread.
© 2009 - 2018 Copyright SharedXpertise Media, LLC.
All SharedXpertise Media logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of SharedXpertise Media. All rights reserved.
SharedXpertise Media, LLC, 123 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123