HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- A Clean Slate
– VP of HR Doug Harris shares how Clean Harbors is benefiting from its new pre-employment screening approach.
By Debbie Bolla
When you are in the business of removing some of the most hazardous materials in the world, there is no room for error when it comes to hiring nearly 5,000 employees a year. Nobody knows this better than Clean Harbors, North America’s leading provider of environmental and energy services responsible for end-to-end hazardous waste management, emergency spill response, industrial cleaning and maintenance, and recycling services.
- 2018 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: Pre-Employment Screening
– View the results of this year’s RPO Baker’s Dozen ranking.
By The Editors
The results of the 2018 HRO Today Baker’s Dozen ranking for pre-employment screening are here! View the top providers in the size of deal, quality of service, and breadth of service categories.
- Ensuring Fair Hiring Practices
– Criminal records are keeping millions of people out of the workforce but new policies are closing the divide.
By Marta Chmielowicz
77 million. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, that’s the number of American adults who have a criminal record—one in three. While this population group represents a huge pool of prospective employees, having a criminal record can make it difficult to find work. As defined by the FBI, a criminal record includes a history of all arrests and criminal charges, even if they did not lead to a conviction. In some cases, this may include misdemeanors, juvenile offenses, and traffic offenses such as speeding and driving under the influence.
- CEO’s Letter: Presumption Versus Investigation and the Role of HR
– By Elliot H. Clark
Here I go again writing about the impact of political culture on the life of HR. And I hope the hate mail I get is not too hateful in these overwrought times. But there is an important cultural moment at hand and depending on how social views become ingrained, it may impact the practice of HR.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Higher Learning: Lessons in Leadership
– VP of HR Antonio Climent shares the secrets to building culture and a strong leadership pipeline for Laureate International Universities.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Expanding into new international markets is fraught with difficulties. From aligning cultures to ensuring talent gaps are filled, multinational organisations can struggle to adapt to the norms and realities of their many areas of operation. But with the shift of economic activity from Europe and North America to markets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America comes a renewed need to manage global organisations. In fact, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, 400 midsize emerging-market cities, many unfamiliar in the West, will generate nearly 40 per cent of global growth over the next 15 years.
- Putting Learning into Action
– An experiential approach to training can solve business challenges whilst strengthening leadership abilities.
By Michael McGowan
Industry 4.0 is permeating both business and personal lives—and revolutionising the way people work. But in corporate learning, one thing hasn’t changed: People learn best by doing.
- Cultural Connections
– A robust cross-cultural training programme is key for successful international relocations.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Cross-border relocations are becoming more commonplace as companies of all sizes embrace globalisation, battle skills shortages, and compete for top talent. Graebel’s Cross Border Transfers: Analysing Best Practices and Trends study reports that 83 per cent of HR professionals say these types of programmes help their organisations achieve talent and workplace management goals, and 66 per cent say they help meet internal development goals.
- Getting Ahead
– An agile TA process solves many of the talent challenges today’s multinationals are facing.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Imagine this: An organisation is seeking a candidate to fill a newly open leadership position. A team of recruiters gets to work and just a few days later, there’s already several promising options on the table, with contract workers ready to fill the temporary talent gap in the meantime. But that’s not all—the search has revealed potential candidates for a variety of other positions that aren’t even listed yet. Not only have recruiters filled the existing job opening quickly and efficiently, but they have delivered a top-of-the-line experience, engaged a number of high-quality potential hires, and made strides to solve their organisation’s future hiring challenges.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- The Innovation Gap 2018
– What role do providers and HR practitioners have in the process of innovation? Innovations in artificial intelligence and analytics, along with development in cloud, social and mobile technologies, are making HR systems more intelligent and more engaging. In fact, research shows that for just the first three quarters of 2018, there have been over 125 […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q3 2018
– What technological advancements and news happened during the third quarter of 2018? The rate of advancement in the human capital management (HCM) technology sector has been increasing exponentially. In order to track the players and their innovations, HRO Today and Alexander Mann Solutions have partnered to release quarterly reports that summarize trends, funding initiatives and […]
- Randstad Sourceright Talent Trends Quarterly: Q3 2018
– While employers have widely adopted HR tech to help attract and hire the best talent, many business leaders indicate they still want a human touch for critical moments during the recruitment process. Based on a survey of more than 800 human capital leaders, Randstad Sourceright’s Talent Trends research found that when it comes to tasks […]
- Global Unemployment Report: Q2 2018
– Deploying a global workforce and ensuring access to the best talent is a crucial component of success for many enterprises. Global labor market data is an invaluable tool for multinational HR departments and can be used to inform critical decisions around the best countries and regions in which to grow. PeopleScout, a global provider of […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.