HRO Today Magazine
HRO Today Current Issue
- 2018 Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings: RPO
– View the results of this year’s RPO Baker’s Dozen ranking.
By The Editors
HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings are based solely on feedback from buyers of the rated services; the ratings are not based on the opinion of the HRO Today staff. We collect feedback annually through an online survey, which we distribute to buyers directly through our own mailing lists and indirectly through service providers. Once collected, response data for all providers with a statistically significant sample size are loaded into the HRO Today database for analysis.
- Out of the Shadows, Into the Spotlight
– What do Facebook, Walmart, CVS Health, and Voya Financial have in common? A strong disability inclusion program.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Twenty-eight years ago, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law. Prohibiting discrimination against people with disabilities and calling for reasonable accommodations for all who need them, this piece of legislation was a landmark victory in the fight for civil rights and equal opportunities.
- CEO’s Note: Protecting HR Investments in Services and Technology
– By Elliot H. Clark
For many years, HRO Today has provided numerous customer satisfaction based rankings of providers through the HRO Today Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction surveys. We appreciate the notoriety and respect the practitioner community has placed in the methodology of the ranking. However, we only perform this kind of study in up to 10 areas of technology or service. This leaves many categories that are not covered or fall neatly into the Baker’s Dozen program
- Building a Talent Ecosystem
– An open source approach for recruiting today’s employees can deliver a competitive advantage.
By Antonis Christidis
Across the globe and across all industries, business leaders are facing the challenge of competing for digital talent to ensure their organizations are ready for the future of work. This is especially the case as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and ever-evolving forms of automation shape tomorrow’s business landscape. But in order to attract the right talent to successfully compete in the digital world, organizations must think beyond traditional sourcing approaches.
HRO Today Global Current Issue
- Higher Learning: Lessons in Leadership
– VP of HR Antonio Climent shares the secrets to building culture and a strong leadership pipeline for Laureate International Universities.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Expanding into new international markets is fraught with difficulties. From aligning cultures to ensuring talent gaps are filled, multinational organisations can struggle to adapt to the norms and realities of their many areas of operation. But with the shift of economic activity from Europe and North America to markets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America comes a renewed need to manage global organisations. In fact, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, 400 midsize emerging-market cities, many unfamiliar in the West, will generate nearly 40 per cent of global growth over the next 15 years.
- Putting Learning into Action
– An experiential approach to training can solve business challenges whilst strengthening leadership abilities.
By Michael McGowan
Industry 4.0 is permeating both business and personal lives—and revolutionising the way people work. But in corporate learning, one thing hasn’t changed: People learn best by doing.
- Cultural Connections
– A robust cross-cultural training programme is key for successful international relocations.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Cross-border relocations are becoming more commonplace as companies of all sizes embrace globalisation, battle skills shortages, and compete for top talent. Graebel’s Cross Border Transfers: Analysing Best Practices and Trends study reports that 83 per cent of HR professionals say these types of programmes help their organisations achieve talent and workplace management goals, and 66 per cent say they help meet internal development goals.
- Getting Ahead
– An agile TA process solves many of the talent challenges today’s multinationals are facing.
By Marta Chmielowicz
Imagine this: An organisation is seeking a candidate to fill a newly open leadership position. A team of recruiters gets to work and just a few days later, there’s already several promising options on the table, with contract workers ready to fill the temporary talent gap in the meantime. But that’s not all—the search has revealed potential candidates for a variety of other positions that aren’t even listed yet. Not only have recruiters filled the existing job opening quickly and efficiently, but they have delivered a top-of-the-line experience, engaged a number of high-quality potential hires, and made strides to solve their organisation’s future hiring challenges.
HRO Today Video Lounge
HRO Today Research & Best Practices
- Randstad Sourceright Talent Trends Quarterly: Q3 2018
– While employers have widely adopted HR tech to help attract and hire the best talent, many businesses leaders indicate they still want a human touch for critical moments during the recruitment process. Based on a survey of more than 800 human capital leaders, Randstad Sourceright’s Talent Trends research found that when it comes to tasks […]
- Global Unemployment Report: Q2 2018
– Deploying a global workforce and ensuring access to the best talent is a crucial component of success for many enterprises. Global labor market data is an invaluable tool for multinational HR departments and can be used to inform critical decisions around the best countries and regions in which to grow. PeopleScout, a global provider of […]
- Worker Confidence Index – Second Quarter 2018
– The Worker Confidence Index (WCI) for the second quarter of 2018 declined by 2.8 points, reversing a prior trend of consecutive quarterly increases. Of the four components of the WCI, only Job Security increased, rising 4 points since the first quarter of 2018. Likelihood of a Promotion decreased the most, down by 9.9 points. The […]
- Human Resources New Technology Quarterly Summary: Q2 2018
– What technological advancements and news happened during the second quarter of 2018? The rate of advancement in the human capital management (HCM) technology sector is accelerating. In order to track the players and their innovations, HRO Today and Alexander Mann Solutions have partnered to release quarterly reports that summarize trends, funding initiatives and other activities […]
HRO Today White Papers
- Whitepaper: Three Workforce Solutions to Reduce Costs of Contingent Healthcare Staffing
– How can healthcare executives manage staffing shortages, rising regulatory pressures, and increased marketplace competition? A critical part of the solution to workforce budgeting challenges is optimizing contingent staff to reduce costs, make spending more predictable, relieve management pressures, and improve patient care. In response to the increased utilization of contingent practitioners throughout the healthcare industry, […]
- The Five W’s: Analyzing The Benefits and Advantages of Employee Screening
– Competition to find the best applicants is at an all-time high, and competitors are fighting to find applicants to help their company grow and set them apart. A comprehensive background screening program can be used to strengthen a company in its specific industry and increase efficiencies in the hiring process. Your company’s future relies on […]
Advertise with Us
Click here to download our media planner.